Thursday, September 3, 2009

Leftovers

Today is my first day off of the week. I spent most of the day at home relaxing. I did get one call because the cash register was acting up and one call because my evening park attendant would not be in. That meant that I had to close the park, but it really didn't interrupt my day off too much. I made one drive through the park in the early evening to see that it was very quiet, only a few fishermen were left. I made another drive through at closing time and made sure the park was clean and secure. I also cleaned up the restroom at the barn so that it is ready for boy scouts who will be camping this weekend. It was a quiet day today, enjoy some photos from a more exciting day. These were all taken last Sunday and I just didn't have enough room for them all then.
IMG_3091
This is a Bumble Bee. They are not aggressive bees and will rarely sting. I remember watching my dad pet one when I was very little. I also enjoyed scaring my friends by petting them too.
IMG_3092
This is a Tussock Moth Caterpillar. There are lots of different kinds of Tussock Moths. There are also lots of kinds of Tussock Moth Caterpillars that have this similar "hair do" in different colors and patterns. They become boring brown moths, but I love the caterpillars!
IMG_3098
This is a Red-spotted Purple, checking out a puddle on the railing. I liked the silhouette.
IMG_3106
This is a male Tropical Checkered-Skipper. I love their subtle blue fuzz.
IMG_3119
This is a female Tropical Checkered-Skipper. She is dressed more formally in white and black.
IMG_3121
This is not a great photo of this poor Spicebush Swallowtail, but I liked the colors in this photo.

No comments: