Friday, November 6, 2009

Last Fall Flowers

Today was my second day off this week. I spent the day at home, doing some cleaning. I did get outside for a little while to take some photos for you all. I didn't have to go far. We have had three little tree frogs huddling together on our front porch. The have been perched atop the molding above the porch for weeks. Two days ago, the number dropped to two. Maybe the third wheel finally got the hint.
IMG_4960
In my garden, there were still a few flowers hanging on to life. At least one bee was very grateful for the remaining flowers. Most of the pretty little blooms had turned to seed. There were several different types of seeds. Some transported by wind like a dandelion, some were "hitchhikers" that grabbed on to my pant leg and caught a ride and some were pods that will dry out and pop open onto the ground when the time is right.
IMG_4965
IMG_4966
IMG_4967
IMG_4972
IMG_4973
IMG_4975

No comments: