Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

I was off today.  My day was spent, like most, in the kitchen and in good company.  I had a terrific Thanksgiving and I hope that you did as well.  When I woke up this morning, the fog was thick outside and I decided to take a walk before I started cooking to be sure that I had something to share today.  I did just one lap around the house, but found enough interesting things to spend quite a bit of time taking pictures.  Here is the best of what I found.  The first shot is what inspired me to take a walk.  This is the view of my driveway that I see when I look through my kitchen window.
IMG_5292

In my side yard, at least twenty little white mushrooms were popping up all over.  I just love  how they push dirt and anything else in the way aside as they grow.  I was surprised to see so many mushrooms because it was maybe the coldest morning that we have had this season.  These must be very tolerant mushrooms.
IMG_5294
IMG_5295

The mushrooms weren't the only flashes of stark white in the side yard.  There were also tiny, tiny flowers, called Innocence.  They grew very close to the ground.
IMG_5301
On the fence of the dog's yard, I found this abandoned spider web.  I wonder if my dog is the reason that the spider is gone.  I know that my cat enjoys eating spider webs... maybe the dog eats spiders.
IMG_5302

On the other side of the house, a grape vine drew me in.  All of the leaves were unique.  I loved all of the colors, the dampness, the fog in the air, and the curly vines.
IMG_5309
IMG_5311

Last, but not least, is a lovely tree in the side yard.  Its loveliness was accentuated by the fog in the air.
IMG_5314

No comments: