Thursday, March 4, 2010

More Leftovers

Today was a much needed, regularly scheduled day off.  I tried to sleep in.  I thought that I had succeeded when I woke up and saw daylight, but then I rolled over and saw that it was only 8:01.  There was no going back to sleep, the cat and dog sensed motion and were ready with their list of demands.  After getting up and getting dressed, turning on faucets to the appropriate drip for the cat and steady flow for the dog, filling food bowls, and procrastinating for a while, I finally got down to packing.  I cleared my bookshelves and took them apart.  While I was doing that, I was trying to figure out how many times I have moved those very shelves.  It was somewhere between 5-8 times.  I'm not exactly sure when I first acquired them, they had belonged to my Grandfather.
In the afternoon, when my fiance was home from work, we tackled the back porch which had become his art studio.  We packed up all the paints and brushes and removed the giant canvas from the wall.  We got rid of a truckload of garbage and I packed all of my craft supplies.  We also moved and cleaned out his poor old '87 Honda that has been sitting, neglected for 3 and a half years.  I had to evict a rat from under the hood and I even used a leaf blower to clear the acorns and leaves that where packed around the engine.  A junker will come to pick it up tomorrow.  Its hard to give up an old, loyal car that has so many memories associated with it, but its time.  I still have fond memories of my first car, The Little Red Car.  It was an '86 Nissan Sentra hatchback wagon.  My dad has lots of memories of being under the hood of that car too, but they are not as fond as mine, I'm sure.
We made a lot of progress today, but also reminded ourselves of what a big job it is to pack.  Its amazing how much stuff two people can acquire.  Maybe a move will do us good.  We are throwing away and giving away a lot.  I only left the house today to mess with the car and to take garbage to the dumpster.  I didn't take any photos today.  Here are some lovely views leftover from Monday.  I hope tomorrow will be a little more exciting.
IMG_7559
IMG_7564

No comments: