Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Nothin' But A Hawk

Today was as busy as I expected it would be and more.  I did my normal gate opening and flag raising rituals, drove through the park and ended up at the office.  I was then stuck there like glue for the rest of the day.  Every time I thought that I could take a break and go for a walk, the sky would go dark and the cold wind would blow.  It never did rain, but it threatened on and off all day!  It also got very cold and windy by the end of the day.  When I left at the end of the day, I realized that I had only taken one photo today.  It was of a Red-shouldered Hawk that I saw as I drove to the office this morning.
IMG_7571

My day was full of finishing up projects and tying up loose ends.  I said goodbye to one of my coworkers who is moving to another job as well.  I made a schedule and deleted my name from the list.  I was able to keep the park covered through the end of the month until my replacement is found.  I packed up the form and all of the supplemental information for the historical structure report on the cabin that I had been working on.  It is ready to be mailed out to the appropriate people.  I made some more preparations for the move to the new park and I sent some e-mails to people giving them the valuable information that is only in my head.  I also received a few congratulatory calls and e-mails from people that I have worked with in the Florida State Park system.  Its amazing how the word can travel, but its also much like a family and its nice to hear from so many people.  We'll see what tomorrow will hold, but I will really try to take more photos than I did today.

No comments: