Sunday, March 14, 2010

Some Troy Memories

To continue the idea from yesterday, here are some favorites from Troy Spring.  If you have been following this blog, you have seen lots of my favorite views.  You have even seen some of my favorite critters and plants.  There aren't many views that you haven't seen of Troy if you have followed the blog.  I picked out some that I haven't seen in a while or that I haven't gotten to show you yet.
I had to start with the spring when the water is low.  I am disappointed to leave it when its flooded.  It would be nice to see the water clear again.
100_2190
IMG_7138

You'll recognize this view of the tree just down-river from the river dock.  I just love those foggy mornings.
IMG (49)

In addition to foggy mornings, any morning light filtering through the trees was magnificent.
IMG_0417

I didn't get to show you the Dogwood trees when they are in bloom.  They are budding, but they aren't quite blooming yet.  Here is a photo from when they were in bloom last spring.
IMG_0758

The Suwannee River is very different from the Ichetucknee River.  The Ichetucknee is crystal clear and bright blue.  You can see everything below you.  The Suwannee is tannic and brown in color.   You can't see what is beneath you in deep water.  It is more mysterious and "wild" feeling.  The Suwannee if full of surprises and that is what makes it exciting and enjoyable.  I have great memories walking along this riverbank.
IMG_0373

No comments: