Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Time-Out Tuesday

Today was a very quiet day off.  It was a rainy day, so there was not much outdoor activity to be had.  I did make it out between showers to study the Scarlet Milkweed a little more. It really is a stunning flower and I wasn't the only one who thought so.  This little ant was posing so perfectly while it inspected the flower even closer than I did.
IMG_8745
IMG_8748
IMG_8751

I was having a great time with that, and even found some Dragonflies who would let me chase them with the camera.
IMG_8758

My camera batteries had other plans for me though.  They quit after the dragonfly.  That was the end of photos for the day, but I did run out to get more batteries, so I am ready for tomorrow.

Thought of the Day #30
I was grateful for the rain today.  When I mowed my lawn on Sunday, I noticed how dusty everything was.  It had really been getting dry.  The rain helped knock the dust back down and hopefully it will get more grass started in the yard.  The rain is also important if we want to continue burning.  We can't do any prescribed fire if everything gets too dry.  We need a little rain from time to time to make sure that a prescribed fire is safe.

No comments: